Work ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ with IR35 Switch
The easy way to take on ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ contracts in the same year.
If IR35 reforms place you ‘inside’ IR35, don’t worry, you don’t have to close your PSC!
Keep working on a mixture of ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ contracts with our IR35 Switch service and move seamlessly between your limited company and JSA Umbrella. You’ll be fully compliant AND we’ll ensure you receive the best possible take-home pay.
Confused about what to do if you’re affected by IR35 reforms? Take a look at this simple infographic which will show you the best option depending on your circumstances.
How IR35 Switch works
When you’re issued an ‘inside’ IR35 status that can’t be amended, you can ‘rest’ your PSC, pausing your operations while you work through JSA Umbrella. We’ll continue to manage your PSC accounts in the background, submitting your payroll (RTI) and VAT returns, as appropriate.
When you’re working on an ‘inside’ contract and being paid through JSA Umbrella, you’ll receive your payslip from us and we’ll pay your take-home pay straight into your personal bank account (rather than your PSC), minus statutory deductions for things like tax and National Insurance.
Click here for a tailored pay illustration for ‘inside’ contracts through JSA Umbrella.
When your ‘inside’ contract ends, simply contact us and switch back to working through your PSC on an ‘outside’ contract, paying yourself a mixture of salary and dividends, as usual. If you’re ever working on ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ contracts at the same time, that’s not a problem, we’ll take care of all aspects of compliance for you.
Why choose IR35 Switch?
- Unlimited switching between ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ contracts
- Keep your limited company and get Umbrella for free
- Fixed-fee plan with no surprise costs
- Compliantly maximise your take-home pay throughout the year
- A tax-efficient way to work
- Keep all your earnings in one place
- Bring your SIPP or private pension with you
- Advice and support from IR35 industry experts
- IPSE partner and FCSA-accredited
- Wide-ranging employee benefits
- Access to our exclusive rewards programme.